May 31, 2006

hello from chiangrai

After 2 years, I am sitting here at my favourite internet cafe and blogging, just as I was on another version of MMM - Morphology, Mekong and Me. I guess my fixation with MMMs has already begun back then!

It is such an experience to feel so familiar with a 'foreign' town. So many familiar sights and sounds. People and faces. We went to a chinese restaurant and I remember it from the time I went for dinner with Dr Carl and gang. The waitresses and owner looks really familiar! I actually recognized them.

Of course, unbelivable but true but the guy at the internet cafe is STILL THE SAME! Sigh. Such heartwrenching familiarity. grin.

I won't be able to blog once "hell week" begins when we go up to Mae Salong, Mae Sai and Chiang Kong. Oh but the last place has internet cafes as there are many backpackers there. I am hoping to visit Laos! :)

Ok, hell aside, I am masochistically relishing it.

It has been a very interesting day in more ways than one. I feel the need to reflect on it deeper.

Anyways, off to meet the Rajabaht folks tomorrow. Can't wait to see Narlae and Aoy again! And even ajarn sombat! heh :)

Well that's all from me for now I would think. Cheerios!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home