December 10, 2006

Airport Blogging Ritual

It's 5.15am and here I am standing at an extremely crowded budget terminal airport. It's definitely more crowded than the last 2 times I have been here. Unbelievable that people would come here for such early flights but I see that Cebu Air has gotten themselves settled in here as well. I wonder if that is a factor for the crowd.

Still, the monkey was later than the rest in arriving at the airport since from experience, I know that the counter and boarding time would be pretty late. Well I did wake up just 2 hours before flight departs but when I arrive, we straight away jumped to an empty line and boarding time for the 6.10am flight, as expected, was 5.40am. Yes, 1 hour to burn at the waiting area. Got my lip balm and some hichew for the pressure later while the rest endulge in some breakfast.

A friend hypothesized that it's probably the destination that explains the holiday crowd. Oh well, either way, I feel uneasy when my luggage was whisked out of my back and unto the check-in belt. Sigh. A feeling of unease settles over me. There's nothing I can do now but pray that my unlocked bag sees itself safely to Haikou, China.

Yep, received lots of usual warning and precautions from my parents and even from soembody at work. Should be jolly :)

I have nice accomodating traveling companions and I will check back in China when I arrived. Hopefully there's internet access.

Bon voyage to me!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time November!

And hey, maybe you can check out where the Miss World contestants used to hang out - that might be fun :)

12/10/2006 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home