February 15, 2007

Gearing up



Bought new footwear at Feder Shoes, located at Peninsular Plaza #02-58 last Sunday.

I supposed had I know of Campers Corner at Capitol Building earlier, I would have ended up with a pair of Gore-tex shoes. Unfortunately I did not and spent $149 on a pair of waterproof mid-cut hiking boots instead. If nothing else, it's a nice purple and grey color combi.

Even still, the gore-tex shoes, like this pair, were similar in that the shoe is not totally waterproof. It's not river-wading friendly and would only work as far as keeping my feet dry in a rainstorm. However, if water goes above the line marked "waterproof", my feet would still get wet! Nothing is worse than a pair of wrinkly pruney stinky monkey feet.

After chatting with Calvin Tay*, the manager at Campers Corner, I was disappointed to find out that the MION amphibian shoes line has apparently been stopped this season! That shoe indeed would have been able to worked both as a bootie and also as hiking shoes.

If it's any consolation, Calvin convinced me to buy a pair of socks from campers corner which purportly keeps my feet wrinkle-free even if it were soaked in wet socks the whole day! Can't wait to put that to the test in Maliau.

*Got his full name from this article. Indeed, campers corner is a total gem and I had a lot of fun chatting with Calvin. More about my conversation with him later, probably to be posted on MMM. He shared with me so much about the latest in organic and upcycle merchandises. But most of all, he put my mind to ease about my trip to Maliau. In fact he got me plenty excited! He was actually one of the first people to see Maliau, more than 10 years ago! He was one of the legendary ones who helped to clear a helicopter pad for people to enter and helped with building up the base camps there. WOW! Got me very excited indeed. Looking forward to Maliau now!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger chumly said...

Thanks this is a great informative post.

2/15/2007 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home